Phil Edwards joined Synovus in 2014 and previously held various executive roles at Bank of America N.A. and Corporate Development (M&A) and Venture Capital roles at First Union / Wachovia. He is an experienced Supply Chain Management, Commercial Real Estate, Vendor Risk and Enterprise Operations business executive skilled in building and leading global risk governance programs, shared service operations and compliance divisions across financial institutions.
Professional experience includes:
- Chief Procurement Officer & Corporate Real Estate Executive – leading a division focused on strategic sourcing & negotiation of contract needs for the enterprise, overseeing the shared services operational needs of the corporation, managing over 3 million square feet of real estate and new site acquisition, disposition & construction efforts across the southeast and managing outsourced third-party risk governance for the corporation.
- SVP, Operational Risk Executive – Global Corporate Services responsible for overseeing all outsourcing & procurement related regulations globally.
- SVP, Global Sourcing & Vendor Management Program Executive – directing the strategic sourcing & vendor risk management division on negotiations, on-boarding, procurement operations, and 3rd Party Risk programs with responsibility for ~$26 Billion in annual spend across 20,000+ agreements.
- SVP, Senior Supplier Executive / Chief Operating Officer – Enterprise Services responsible for global operations and annual financial P&L of ~$2.6 Billion across 30+ commodities impacting ~250,000 employees.
- SVP, Process Design Executive – Global HR Compensation Service Delivery leading ~$4.9 Billion in compensation events and the delivery of compensation related technology applications.
- Officer, Corporate Development & Strategic Ventures Group supporting mergers & acquisitions such as the $14.3 Billion SouthTrust Bank and $13 Billion Wachovia mergers and strategic investments & portfolio management across a $500 Million venture capital fund.
Phil received his Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and minor in Urban Affairs & Planning from Virginia Tech. He also holds state certifications in real estate brokerage in North Carolina and Georgia.